YOUTH PROJECT LEADER SUBMISSIONS
Applications are due November 1st, 2021 at 11:59pm
What are youth-led projects?
Projects are a mix of arts events and productions that take place during our festival in and around Kingston, Ontario. All projects must be led by youth between the ages of 13-30.
Funding will be available for space, equipment rentals, general expenses, marketing support, and general administrative guidance to successful applicants! This, however, is subject to the nature of the project though we will be able to provide support with sourcing additional funding.
For more information on the Youth Project Leader Program, view our:
We are currently looking for project leaders for 2 of our staple events - Battle of the Bands and the Play Series. Below is a description of how the events are usually structured, however project leader applicants are welcome to stick with the structure or reimagine the events!
Battle of the Bands
A competition style event where young local bands perform a set in front of a live audience and a panel of professional judges. The winner is selected by the judges and crowned the winner of the competition and given a prize. The event usually happens at a local performance venue.
Below is a glimpse of some of our previous Battle of the Bands events.
The Play Series
The Play Series is showcase of plays written and performed by local artists. Typically, locally written one-act plays about 15 minutes in length are submitted to the project leader who hires a cast and crew to perform each one. The plays are performed consecutively at a local performance venue during the festival.
Below is a look at some of our previous Play Series events.
What We’re Looking For:
Your idea doesn’t need to be perfectly planned out, but we do want a sense of your thoughts on:
- What other team members you would require to help you
- How many roles are available to youth
- What kind of venue you have in mind for this event
- If funding is required, how much would be helpful (an approximate estimate is acceptable) and what would you need it for? (budget not required, but you can create one if you like)
- Ideal length of time for your event
And most importantly…
- Why your project will be an important experience for young people involved in the process
- How your idea will impact local youth (beyond those directly involved in the project)