Connections: A Youth Photovoice Project
What is Connections?
Connections: A Youth Photovoice Project is an opportunity for youth to participate in a photo gallery where they will get to display their art in the Juvenis Festival Art Gallery. Youth will discuss topics surrounding connectedness with their communities, an use this as inspiration for sharing their voice through photography. Participants can earn gift cards and volunteer hours through this process!
When is it all happening?
The process involves 4 meetings and some independent work (approximate time commitment of 10 hours). All meetings will take place on Zoom:
- Intro to Photovoice: April 7th, 4-5pm
- Midpoint Check-In & Discussion: April 13th, 4-5pm
- Final Review and Pre-Gallery Discussions: April 21st, 4-5pm
- Gallery- Youth Week/Juvenis Festival 2021: Virtual- April 29th to May 8th
- Final Meeting & Post-Gallery Celebration: May 12th
- Youth ages 12 to 24
- Does NOT require any arts experience
- Can use phones, ipads, cameras or any device with a camera
- Must be able to attend all meeting dates
Questions? Email Amber at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only 15 spots available!