How Rapid Reel Works
Our 48 Hour Film Challenge returns! You will have 48 hours to script, create, film, and edit a short film that runs between 5-6 minutes (credits included!). All footage must be filmed with an Iphone, Android or tablet device. No experience required!
Submissions will be screened at a special Gala screening event at The Juvenis Festival on Monday, May 6th at The Screening Room. A panel of judges will judge the submissions and finalists will receive a Grand prize (details to come soon!).
- All credited team members must be between the ages of 13-30 to participate (actors and other volunteers may be outside of this age bracket)
- To enter, you must register your team by filling out the online registration form below
You must register by 11:59pm on Thursday April, 11th!
- You must be available from 6pm on Friday, April 12th to 6pm on Sunday, April 14th to create your film and take part in the challenge
- To begin the challenge, we will call you to assign you a prop, genre, and line of dialogue that must be used in your film.
- Your film must run 6 minutes or under to be eligible, including any credits.
- All footage must be filmed within the 48-hour period of the challenge
- Completed work must be submitted as a movie file online (more information will be supplied upon entry)
- Submission Deadline for all films is 6pm on April 14th, 2018 along with a description of your piece that includes: the name or names of the participants and their roles, a short synopsis (maximum of 2 lines) of the work, a contact name, phone number and email address
- Teams are not allowed to distribute their films in any way before the screening in May, this includes on social media sites, YouTube or any other publicly viewable site
- Discriminatory content of any kind is strictly prohibited
Further questions related to this project can be directed to Maureen Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org