CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Juvenis Festival and the Kingston Frontenac Public Library are teaming up once again to present KFPL Youth Shorts, a film festival to showcase short films made by local youth. The screening is happening as part of the Juvy's Movies event on Monday, May 4th at the Screening Room.
KFPL Youth Shorts is open to submissions! We want to show your original short films on the big screen. Check out the guidelines below and send us your movie masterpieces.
SELECTION AND ELIGIBILITY
- Open to people from the ages of 13-30, living in Kingston or Frontenac
- All films must be the creation of the submitting filmmakers
- Films must be between 2 and 7 minutes in length
- Films that are not in English or French require subtitles hard-coded onto the film.
- Any genre, live-action or animated, acceptable
- Discriminatory content of any kind is strictly prohibited
- Selection of films is at the discretion of the KFPL Youth Shorts committee (comprised of KFPL librarians, Juvenis staff, and TAG Members)
The submission deadline is Saturday, April 4th at 9pm.
To submit a film, follow the instructions below:
- We require a digital copy of your film to be used for screening purposes. An online link to an HD .mp4 file (using the H264 codec) is the preferred format
- Please send a Vimeo link or an equivalent online link to an HD .mp4 file to email@example.com and include: your name, names of filmmakers and their ages, the title of your film, and a brief description of your film
- The online video link must be active until May 5th, 2020. For more information follow Vimeo's compression guidelines for HD films
- If you are unable to upload your file online, you can also submit your vile as a DVD file (Data DVD not a Playable DVD) on a USB Key. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop-off
- If you have any questions please let us know at email@example.com