Volunteer with us!
Are you interested in the arts? Do you want to promote creative learning? Are you in high school looking for ways to get involved for community service? Volunteer for the Juvenis Festival!
We are looking for energetic people who are excited about the arts. Join like-minded people to advocate for youth artistic involvement in #ygk! You can get volunteer hours with us and gain experience working with the Juvenis Festival and Blue Canoe Productions!
Want to volunteer but unsure of what you’ll be doing? These are our positions for volunteers for Juvenis Festival 2022:
- Zoom Attendant: The Zoom Attendant is responsible for monitoring workshops and performances that take place over zoom! Admit participants into the Zoom call, take attendance and help solve technical issues as needed.
- Festival Greeter: Greet guests and answer questions about the festival or events! Take part in representing Juvenis onsite with visitors.
- Usher: Help guests find their seats and monitor visitors during events. Ushers ensure everyone is safe and having a fun time!
- Box Office Assistant: Assist the Box Office manager with ticket sales and provide guests with a great service experience.
- Workshop Assistant: Take part in the workshops yourself by monitoring and helping workshop leaders!
- Set up/Tear Down Crew: Help set up or tear down our larger events and equipment to ensure events are ready for visitors.
Volunteering with the Juvenis Festival comes with lots of perks! You get to participate in/watch the event you are helping with for FREE! That means if you are an usher for a musical, you can watch the show once everyone is in the theatre. If you are helping with a workshop, you can participate in that workshop after signing in participants. You also get volunteer hours which can go towards high school volunteer hours, scholarship applications, provincial certificates and more. Volunteering with the Juvenis Festival is a great way to get involved with the community and make new connections.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone who is over the age of 13 can volunteer. Typically, all volunteer positions are for in person events, but this year we anticipate we will need help with in-person and online events. When filling out the volunteer application you can indicate if you are able to help with online or in person events (or both).
Please contact Kate Seip if you have any questions about volunteering by emailing email@example.com